Putracized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Putracized

Ghetto role playing & senior citizen harassment

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie Horror Game

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newbie Horror Game Empty Newbie Horror Game Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:06 pm

shao

shao

Hi,

I'll be running a horror game for some total newbies soon. I'm planning to use the Unknown Armies system, and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in playing.

There are 3 possible settings I'm interested in running, and they all revolve around the premise of some sort of demonic/ undead apocalypses. The exact choice of setting will depend largely on what the newbies want.

1) Unknown Ages (Dark Ages Medieval Faux-European Fantasy; think the 'Berserk' anime and the Black Company, with a bit of Kull the Conquerer and the Evil Dead thrown into the mix)

2) Unknown Gaslights (For Queen and Country! Stuffy Victorian manners, classy Hermetic occultism, oh my! Meet the politest flesh-eaters ever, with their prim and proper dining habits!)

3) Unknown Gulags (You're a Kulak. Stalin took your land, and is using enforced starvation to kill your entire social class off. As if genocide isn't bad enough, there's whispers of a zombie infestation... maybe the undead are the lucky ones...)

Anybody interested? Call me or PM me! I'm looking for 2 more players, who can make it for a weekly game of around 4 to 5 hours. Unknown Armies is a pretty rules-light system; the most important stuff are the rules for sanity and emotional triggers.

Cheers!
Shao

2Newbie Horror Game Empty Heir to The Day after Doom Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:29 pm

shao

shao

Roll 1d10 5 times, and check your results according to the following table. (You get all 5 results, not just 1.)

That's all the assets your character begins play with, in the wake of the zombie apocalypse!

1-2: Community
3-4: Networks
5-6: Nutrition
7-8: Shelter
9-10: Tools

Each pick has 2 different parameters; you can choose either one - just make up something that seems appropriate, and I'll aye or nay it. If you roll the same result twice, you can pick both fields; just think of a reason as to how that makes narrative sense.

NOTE: The provided examples are not exhaustive; these are just some suggestions, which I've provided with a contemporary Zombie Apocalypse scenario in mind.

Conceptually, these parameters are designed to help generate some kind of premise for your character to begin play with. As such, try to make your choices and explanations/ elaborations fit the specifics of the setting, and sense within the bounds of that particular constraint. So no, you can't have an Uzi in the Dark Ages setting.

Community:
a) Emotional focus (formed around bonds of kinship and affection; old friends, beloved members of family, etc)
b) Professional focus (based on an organizational and operational level; colleagues in the same department, soldiers from

Networks:
a) Communication (internet, phone, radio, satellite TV, etc)
b) Transport (riding beasts, vehicles)

Nutrition:
a) Non-Perishable (military MREs, stashes of canned food, salted or otherwise preserved meat, etc)
b) Sustainable (maybe you own a farm, live near the woods where you can hunt and forage, etc)

Shelter:
a) Fortification (well-protected and easily defended; hardened bunker, booby-trapped and heavily locked gun store)
b) Location (hard to reach or find; a mountain lodge in an area of low population density, etc)

Tools:
a) Technical (advanced and specialized tools for different applications; medical facility, workshop, laboratory, etc)
b) Weaponry (bullets, guns, hammers, chainsaws and many more tools of destruction.)

So yeah, try to have the choices complement each other. Mess around and work something out!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum