Putracized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Putracized

Ghetto role playing & senior citizen harassment

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZOMBIES!!!

+6
kennif
shao
jo
Belisarius Punchee
darthcow
Zakmonster
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

darthcow

I'd sat fog form due to your limited number of surges. Either way, both are good to have. But fog beats it by the skin of my nose

27ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Here goes nothing Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:09 pm

kennif

kennif

Alright....going warlord...never tried before

Here goes nothing:
Paragon Path pending approval

Dark Watcher

Feats pending approval

Stoneroot's Endurance (Heroes of Forgotten Kingdoms)

Whenever you are subjected to a critical hit, roll a d20.
On a roll of 10 or higher, the attack is a normal hit not critical.

Tactical Adjustment (Dragon magazine 381)

Whenever an ally within your line of sight spends an action point to make an extra attack,
you can slide the ally 1 square before or after the attack.

Improved Defenses (Heroes of Forgotten Kingdoms
+1 feat bonus to Fort, Ref, Will
+2 at lvl 1 and +3 at level 21

PS : i can send you my char sheet + the paragon path pdf if necessary

28ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 am

Zakmonster

kennif wrote:

Paragon Path pending approval

Dark Watcher

Yes.

kennif wrote:
Feats pending approval

Stoneroot's Endurance (Heroes of Forgotten Kingdoms)

Whenever you are subjected to a critical hit, roll a d20.
On a roll of 10 or higher, the attack is a normal hit not critical.

No.

kennif wrote:
Tactical Adjustment (Dragon magazine 381)

Whenever an ally within your line of sight spends an action point to make an extra attack,
you can slide the ally 1 square before or after the attack.

Yes.

kennif wrote:
Improved Defenses (Heroes of Forgotten Kingdoms
+1 feat bonus to Fort, Ref, Will
+2 at lvl 1 and +3 at level 21

Yes.

29ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty The Silent King Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:30 am

shao

shao

"My Lord Julius,

I pray, by Sigmar's grace, that you are well? What is the latest gossip in the Imperial City? Have you found your missing brother? It has been two years, after all. Perhaps I’ll find him here hiding away on these forsaken peaks, having a jolly party with all kinds of wonderful food and drink as befits a Prince; and perhaps he’ll invite me to feast and sup along at his table. I swear, there is very little on these mountains to keep a man from freezing to death. Think of me fondly, and please eat more roast boar and quaff more mulled wine for my sake; your concern and appreciation will warm this humble vassal, and keep him working at his peak efficiency.

But enough idle chit-chat; I will now speak of more urgent matters at hand. A season ago, you tasked me to investigate the rumors of the ancient ruins in the icy mountains to the far north. I have found these rumors are indeed true; there is an ancient city within the valley, nestled in the mountain range. As you have instructed, I have travelled to the different libraries across Jord; the sages and scribes have recorded that these mountains are home to an enigmatic race of mighty warriors, who may or may not have links to the old pagan gods. With the aid of this lead, and some maps I was able to reproduce from the cartographic archives, I travelled further north, and consulted the local seers in these boondocks; once I was able to stir them from their mushroom-chomping reverie, they told me the people who once lived in these mountains possessed titanic power in both body and mind. They also gave me a name for this city; they called it ‘Atillan’.

The mud-soaked shamans spray – I mean, say – that in the bygone days of the Dawn War, the gods needed champions to battle the relentless hordes of the Primordials; the men and women of the mountains were apparently chosen to join the ranks of these champions. Some of the younger gods (who shall remain un-named, out of respect to the political sensitivities of our gentle theocracy) saw great potential for these mortals, and decided to undertake an experiment; gathering the healthiest among them from the earthly realm, these celestial beings infused them, body and soul, with the ironclad principles of divine law and the essence of the vast firmament, and with that power, they became the mighty warriors of myth and legend that we know today.

My lord, like all things whispered by sages and savants, there is a grain of truth in this tale. However, over the course of my investigations, I have found there are many things the wise men have omitted from their records and stories; I shall now share my findings with you. I climbed the mountains – alone – for the superstitious locals refused to follow me, neither gold nor steel proved useful in persuading them to shed their backward ways. I soldiered on, and the trek up was treacherous and arduous, but otherwise of little consequence.

In a matter of weeks, I had found the city of Attilan. Like the legends say, this city is indeed ancient beyond compare; however, it was not at all in a state of ruin. Strangely enough, it was abandoned, but it was not decrepit at all. Attilan is a majestic place – if you will permit me to be frank, I may even venture so far as to say that its beauty and grandeur eclipses that of our ancestral home in the Imperial City!

It was easy enough for me to use the records in this city; these people apparently have a great taste for this history and culture, even if they are nowhere to be found at this moment. I found hieroglyphics dotting the walls and columns of all the major buildings, and was able to decipher the story behind this metropolis. Apparently, the denizens of this city record that they are indeed the descendants of the champions of the gods, but their accounts and perspectives are very different.

The people of Attilan record that the gods did herd their ancestors, and infuse them with divine power; however, they go into far deeper and greater detail. After conducting their prior experiments with these mortals, the gods chose to scatter them in the heart of the Elemental Chaos. Many of these people staggered, confused and lost, in the pernicious and ever-mutating landscape; many of them died, falling prey to the dangers of the harsh environment. The few who survived apparently evolved and became the precursors of modern Attilan; these survivors discovered their new divine augmentations provided them with the ability to manipulate the chaos, and in time, they learned not only to endure the raw elements, but also to harness and master them. As they banded together, they built cities in the Elemental Chaos and waged war against the indigenous archons and djinns, and helped to establish a beachhead against the forces of the mad Primordials, ensuring many military successes for the forces of the heavens.

However, after the end of the Dawn War, these people – the ‘Inhumans’ as they call themselves – were enraged when the gods rewarded them less than they had expected. The Inhumans had become more elemental than human, and the gods saw their elemental forms as being unwelcome reminders of the primordials’ influence. The gods thus did not wish to bring the Inhumans into the heavens to live alongside them in eternal bliss, but tasked them instead to stay in the mortal world, and watch over the gates which seal the slumbering Primordials. These Inhumans sulked, but they performed their duties well, if not willingly. These beings were long-lived, nearly immortal; they had a very long time to nurse their grudges, but they were also creatures of honor and tradition, and thus they served their duty.

I have made and provided copies of these records, in both their original and translated forms. I have also made some maps of the city complex, and also traced out the routes that lead to these mountains. I have dispatched this missive from the town of Magningfurd, and am returning to continue my excavations and explorations.

There is one building in particular, which intrigues me; there are runes denoting a contradictory message; the symbols of power and prestige, as well as the markings of death and disaster are carved upon all of its columns and steles. Translated into our modern tongue, these runes indicate that it is the home of one whom they call the 'Silent King'. Perhaps this is a mausoleum of some sort - perhaps the tomb of an ancient warrior king? I can hardly wait to continue my work.

May Sigmar preserve you, and may the Great House of Eunsteiger keep the Empire safe from harm!

Your Faithful Servant, Erik"

- From a Blood-stained Scroll embedded beneath a frozen ditch, along the Magningfurd Trade Road, dated 48 years ago

Last edited by shao on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 am; edited 8 times in total

30ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:55 pm

kennif

kennif

Updated Character..please vet through

Spoiler:

Final change.

Last edited by kennif on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

31ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:33 pm

shao

shao

Hi Ken,

You don't need the 'Heavy Armor Agility' feat anymore, cos you're now wearing Hide. I would recommend getting 'Vexing Flanker' since you have one more Paragon Feat to spare.

Also, I do not think it is worth taking Hold the Line at Level 3; clustering together is usually a bad move in D&D. I would personally pick either 'Vengeance is Mine' (Level 1), or 'No Gambit is Wasted' (Level 3).

Other than that, it looks fine!

32ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Updated Character Sheet/ Build Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 am

shao

shao

Hi,

I've abandoned the Hybrid idea, and modified my build; I've picked up the Essence Mage paragon path from Arcane Power. This is my updated c-sheet for your reference. I would also like to request the following power from Dragon Issue 374:

Grounding Rebuke
Spoiler:

Saegar the Silent King
Spoiler:

For my drops, I would like either a Level 13 neck slot (Steadfast Amulet +3 from AV), or a Level 14 neck slot (Crimson Cloak +3 from AV2) and if there's any gold left over for me, I would like to purchase a Power Jewel, a pair of Executioner's Bracers, some Creeping Gatevine reagants, a few Frozen and/or Tempest Whetstones, and lastly, a couple of Potions of Regeneration, if that is possible.

I will update you soon about my availability for this weekend soon. Thank you!

Cheers,
Shao

Last edited by shao on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am; edited 3 times in total

33ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Zakmonster

Power approved. It's got a huge area of effect, btw.

Also, for those of my players that are indulging in Frostcheese, the wording of Lasting Frost is as such:

Once per turn, the first target you hit with a power that has the cold keyword gains vulnerable 5 cold after the attack. The vulnerability lasts until the end of your next turn.

Emphasis mine.

On a similar note, the barbarian paragon path Winter's Fury gets the ability to add the cold keyword to all untyped attacks at level 16. I am now pretty tempted to start indulging as well.

34ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 am

shao

shao

Thanks! Yeah, it's huge. Grounding Rebuke is a pretty useful power; it's got a big AOE, moderate accuracy and offense, and throws in a bit of defense and control - all in one nice out-of-turn package... Pity about the lack of elemental keywords, though. It's similar to Slaad's Gambit (which I also took, with my L9 slot, even though it's L5... yeah, I like it that much).

35ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Belisarius Punchee

Admin

Hi all,

Also, for those of my players that are indulging in Frostcheese, the wording of Lasting Frost is as such:

Once per turn, the first target you hit with a power that has the cold keyword gains vulnerable 5 cold after the attack. The vulnerability lasts until the end of your next turn.

Thanks for the heads up.

Weapon Focus
Page 201: In the feat’s Benefit entry, replace the
second sentence with the following text: “You gain a
+1 feat bonus to the damage rolls of weapon attacks
that you make with a weapon from that group.”

What do you think? Does it affect spells? I am leaning towards it does not cover powers without weapon keyword for my own game.

Aid Another
In some situations, creatures can work together to
use a skill or an ability. A creature can help another
make a skill check or an ability check by taking the
aid another action. Given a choice, a group of adventurers
should have the character who has the highest
skill or ability check modifier take the lead, while the
other characters cooperate to provide assistance.
Aid An all y’s skill or abilit y check
✦ Action: Standard action. When a creature takes
this action, it chooses a target adjacent to it.
✦ DC: The creature makes a skill check or an ability
check with a DC equal to 10 + one-half the creature’s
level.
✦ Success: The target gains a +2 bonus to the next
check using the same skill or ability before the end
of the assisting creature’s next turn.
✦ Failure: The target takes a –1 penalty to the next
check using the same skill or ability before the end
of the assisting creature’s next turn. This penalty
represents the distraction or interference caused by
the failed assistance.
A creature can affect a particular check only once
using the aid another action. However, up to four
creatures can use aid another to affect a single check,
for a maximum bonus of +8 or a maximum penalty
of –4.

There is now a difference between aiding another in combat and in skill challanges.

36ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Zakmonster

Yeah, I think Weapon Focus should only affect powers that have the weapon keyword. I guess you're back to using Burning Blizzard, dude.

37ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:47 am

shao

shao

It's your call; however, I would like to petition DMs to make 'Implement Focus', an Essentials feat, available to players, even if you don't normally allow Essentials stuff.

This 'Weapon Focus' update was brought about as a result of the Essentials series of books, in order to make different kinds of implements more fair and equal across the board. Sorcerers' main advantages as strikers used to be in their starting implement proficiencies - they had daggers and staffs, which as 'weapliments' could qualify for 'Weapon Focus' (before the Essentials updates). This made their implements more damaging than other implements such as rods, wands, etc, which did not enjoy such a universal feat damage boost.

To make different implement groups more equal and balanced with each other, WotC restricted 'Weapon Focus' to weapon group attacks, and made a new feat 'Implement Focus' for implement group attacks. It's not a perfect fix, cos some guys who actually use both Weapon and Implement attacks still get left out in the cold (Clerics, Swordmages and Hexblades mostly, together with Hybrids and Multiclass types) cos they now have to buy 2 feats to use with their powers.

(Hmmm... It's somewhat similar to the evolution of Expertise - from Implement Expertise and Weapon Expertise to Focused Expertise, and then now to Versatile Expertise.)

So, anyway, yeah. I think it's fair to allow Implement Focus as well, cos these two were designed (and implemented Razz ) in tandem.

Cheers,
Shao

Last edited by shao on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

38ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 am

Zakmonster

Makes sense. Alright, you can grab Implement Focus for my game. Its only fair.

39ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 am

shao

shao

Ok, thanks. I've retrained it out, though cheers

(HERESY! STRIKER WITHOUT FOCUS FEAT!)

40ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 pm

shao

shao

Not gonna be able to make it this Saturday for Bucaneering, sadly. It would have been nice to nuke enemy warships with explosive sonic laser bolts:(

41ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Zakmonster

This Saturday is actually unprovoked assault on a necromancer's lab. Next week is the adventure upon the high seas, mainly involving seasick dwarves.

42ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 pm

shao

shao

Oh, in that case, it's ok then. It would be great to not have to nuke any zombies in a ZOMBIES game, and just go straight to bucaneering, yarrrr!

43ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 am

darthcow

Hi Zak, decided to respec some feats, make myself less damaging for a little more stickiness n survivability Razz

Spoiler:

changes made :

Level 1 Daily Power : Steel Unity Strike Arrow Comeback Strike
Level 3 Encounter Power : Shield Edge Block Arrow Shield Slam
Level 5 Daily Power : Rain Of Blows Arrow Nightmare Vortex
Feats:
Savage Axe Arrow Toughness
Lure of Iron Arrow Elven Sidestep

Last edited by darthcow on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

44ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 am

Zakmonster

I hate you Mark Razz

45ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Zakmonster

Many apologies to those of you who got petrified last night, but thems the dice rolls. We're moving on with the story, however, and I'd like to close this last session of this mini-campaign on a high note.
The necromancer who handily defeated the party has retreated from his lab and relocated to another safe haven, far away from the prying eyes of adventurers. Though deeply saddened, the remaining members of the party must move on with their vital task and head to the port city of Vaskil in order to find, mend and sail a boat to the Grove of the Elders.

Mark, Lui and Shao will have to create new characters (you can come next week with the same c-sheet and a different name, I don't really mind). I'm trying something a bit different for the next session, so let's hope it turns out well.

46ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:56 pm

darthcow

HULK SMASH!

Spoiler:

almost done

Dragon Mag stuff:
Prime Punisher & Called Shot (that's all i need) tongue

Last edited by darthcow on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

47ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:31 am

shao

shao

Mark, I took Jinx Shot to help you use your shiny new Headman's Chop :-P

However, I realize that we have no defender now. Not a good situation for you out there by yourself... Raihan is too painful to hit, Chien is slippery with his Lightning Bolt => Fire Sea Travel tricks, and I'll be flying/ far away most of the time. With that in mind, would you prefer me to take Vicious Mockery instead, and provide you with some defensive bonuses?

Also, I think Zaki gave us 3 background benefits, not just one?

48ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:39 pm

darthcow

I'll be pulling off a ranged plus melée combo throughout. Prone is good

49ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Arcane Archer Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

shao

shao

Hi, I'll be playing this character based off the 'Seek & Destroy' build in the WOTC CharOp forums, which seems like a fun and effective character to play. I'm halfway between a passable leader and a passable striker.

I'll be adopting an artiller playstyle similar to Saegar's, but without the flight and novas; I've opted instead for some out-of-turn attacks, healing, and a few funky tricks.

Special Request from Dragon 386:
Moonbow Dedicate (Heroic feat; must worship Sehanine.)
Benefit: You gain proficiency with the shortbow, plus you can use a shortbow as an implement for divine and arcane powers. In addition, you gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon and implement damage rolls with the shortbow. Increase this bonus to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Spoiler:

Last edited by shao on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

50ZOMBIES!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOMBIES!!! Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:29 am

shao

shao

kennif wrote:Updated Character..please vet through

Spoiler:

Final change.

Hi Ken,

Just noticed you're missing a feat. (Zaki gives us Versatile Expertise for free, so you needn't take it at level 1 with your bonus Human feat.) Also, a minor issue - you have listed 2 feats at Level 12, and none at Level 10.

I'll recommend 'Saving Inspiration', a Heroic-tier Warlord feat which allows you to grant a Saving Throw in lieu of the bonus 3d6 HP when you use Inspiring Word.

Also, we're now Level 13, so you can retrain a Level 1 encounter power for a Level 13 encounter power, if you so wish. (I'll recommend 'Beat Them Into the Ground'.) Finally, we get our choice of 3 backgrounds which give us +2 to skills; so in effect you get to choose any 3 skills, trained or untrained, to have a +2 bonus.

Cheers!

Shao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum