Putracized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Putracized

Ghetto role playing & senior citizen harassment

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Attn: Jansen) Family Matters, and Elan/ Foulborn heritage?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shao

shao

Firstly, how does House Kilpatrick sound like, as our family name? I was also thinking Crichton could be nice, or MacDougal (literally, Clan of the Black Stranger).

Secondly, what do you think of the Heritage feats in Psionic Power? I was thinking I could take the Foulborn Heritage feat, and you could take the Elan Heritage feat, because I'm the brutish knave and you're the smooth operator genius type.

The telepathy and Intelligence-based damage reduction may be useful for you, and the Immortal origin seems suitable for you. (Maybe dear ol' dad took that path.. DUM DUM DUM!)

For me, the Foulborn isn't quite as useful (in fact, I probably grant bonuses for divine, psionic, and primal characters to beat me up), and I don't really think I should be doing party-unfriendly damage, considering my melee propensity... but hey, I get to have the Innsmouth Look!

Foulborn
Spoiler:

2(Attn: Jansen) Family Matters, and Elan/ Foulborn heritage? Empty combat reflections Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:21 pm

shao

shao

Some thoughts and observations:

Proposals for solving the Crashing Tempest/ Starblade Flurry Dilemma

Firstly, trade out the shortbow for an accurate dagger (no more Moonbow Dedicate, get Superior Implement Training - Accurate Dagger instead). Fluff-wise, since in my story, I don't have the deity link to the goddess anymore, I shouldn't have a Sehanine worshipper-exclusive feat; crunch-wise, my damage will drop a little, due to the loss of a free scaling damage boost, and I'll require another feat to make up for that.

So, I'll plan to trade out my Prime Shot Shortbow in favor of a Prime Shot Accurate Dagger +3, and trade out my Bracers of Archery for a Paragon Tier Siberys Dragonshard of the Mage. I'll lose 3 damage and gain 1 accuracy for now; once this setup is complete, I'll only lose 1 damage (from Moonbow Dedicate) and gain 1 accuracy; it also frees up my equipment options and helps me optimize my actions every turn.

With this setup, I can leave an arms slot open for Bracers of Brachiation, which would complement my Spider Technique. I'll replace my Dynamic Belt with the Belt of the Brawler. I'll buy 2 Ruby Scabbards, a Ki Focus Dagger, and a Rhythm Blade Dagger.

Net effect: What do I lose? +2 to Athletic and Acrobatics, which drops me down to +17 Acrobatics/ +12 Athletics.

In exchange, what do I gain? My AC and Reflex will go up by 1. Belt of the Brawler allows me to use my improvised attacks as clubs, which helps me trigger Crashing Tempest Style, so that solves one part of the item-switching madness.

With Fast Hands, Battle Harness, Belt of the Brawler, 2 Ruby Scabbards, and 3 Daggers, my combo sequence would go like this:

Default Gear Setup
Main Hand: Prime Shot Accurate Dagger +3
Off Hand: Rhythm Blade Accurate Dagger +1

Turn 1:
1) Standard Action (make an attack)
2) Free Action (use Ruby Scabbard 1 to sheath Rhythm Blade Accurate Dagger)
3) Free Action (use Ruby Scabbard 2 to draw Ki Weapon Accurate Dagger)
4) Free Action (flurry with +4 damage with Crashing Tempest Style and Ki Weapon)
5) Free Action (use Battle Harness to sheath Ki Weapon)
6) Free Action (use Fast Hands to draw Rhythm Blade)

At Level 11, my flurry does 10 damage with my Ki Weapon and Crashing Tempest Style, and I can have up to 3 targets for my Flurry, thanks to Starblade Flurry Style. A typical attack (Five Storms) against 3 targets will inflict 1d8+15 (main attack) + 10 (flurry); average of 1d8+25 will be 29.5 damage per target, which I'm happy with.

Whew! That's lots of prep work just to increase my overall DPR and maintain my defense, but I think it's worth quite worth the effort. Fluff-wise, my body is constantly evolving from defensive to offensive configurations from moment to moment.

Paragon Tier Feat Progression

Empty Vessel triggers upon expenditure of all my power points; it grants me +2 to attack and all defenses until the end of my next turn. Imagine opening with an Augmented Otherworldly Pulse + Action Point Masterful Spiral! (I shall open one of my six mouths, and I shall sing the song that ends the world..)

Upon closer inspection, the Foulborn feats are also very cool. Fearsome Flurry is a Heroic Foulborn feat, which allows me to change my Flurry of Blows rider effect into a straight -2 to attack debuff.

In terms of utility perception-based feats, Aberrant Sight could also be fun; it grants me permanent Darkvision. Combined with my blindsight, that improves my targeting capacities, and helps with the scouting/ ambushes. Eyes in the Back of my Head is cute, cos I could really grow those extra eyes haha.

In terms of mobility, Fluid Motion gives me +2 speed, which is wonderful for all my movement techniques. For more quirky funtime tricks, I could also pick up Agile Athlete (reroll all Athletics and Acrobatics skill checks) and/ or Confounding Technique (as a move action, I can swap positions with an ally).

Lastly, the humble Skill Power feat to get Agile Recovery also cannot be overlooked, because that would free up my feet slot for more powerful options (Fencing Master, Eagerness, etc).

At Level 14, assuming I can get my tentacles on a set of +4 cloth armor, a +4 amulet, my defenses will be: AC 33, Fort 29, Ref 30, Will 27. Assuming an average Level 14 monster has a +19 to hit, I'll be hit on a roll of 14 and above. If I can get my Fearsome Flurry out, it becomes 16 and above (or 18, after I use Otherworldly Pulse). My HP will be 87, which isn't too shabby for a striker.

Level 11: Starblade Flurry (Fearsome Flurry retrained out for Improved Defenses)
Level 12: Empty Vessel
Level 14: Implement Focus

Last edited by shao on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no longer using bow! just a dagger and club now!)

3(Attn: Jansen) Family Matters, and Elan/ Foulborn heritage? Empty Stone Fist/ Tiger Claw Master version Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 am

shao

shao

(Attn: Jansen) Family Matters, and Elan/ Foulborn heritage? 44701-20_large_3186

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum